Today I am sharing our quick and easy breakfast-time combo that little M has been loving!
PS. With our first winter in the middle of a global pandemic, special meals, rich with health benefits have become a big priority in our household. Be sure to check out our Wellness Warehouse Discount code in this post that gets you 15% off their amazing organic products – we’ve been loving ours and practically use them everyday.
For this combo, the ingredients used:
- 1 Apple
- I used 1/8 Cup of Oats to last for two days
- A pinch of Wellness Warehouse Organic Cinnamon
- A dash of Wellness Warehouse Organic Ground Ginger
- Rinse, cut up and cook 1 Apple in some water. I kept it unpeeled as apple peels carry an amazing amount of vitamins A and C, which are great for eye health and building immunity.
2. Add a sprinkle of some Organic Cinnamon and Ground ginger to the apple for amazing flavour.
Ginger is also a great immune booster and has been shown to improve brain function.
3. Once the apple is cooked and is soft, remove the apple , keeping the water (which is now rich with vitamins, minerals and flavour).
4. Add your oats to this same water and let it cook through until ready. (oats is basically your one stop whole grain nutritious food source. It has amazing nutritious benefits, from being high in fiber, zinc, iron and magnesium to being an amazing filler – keeping our little ones going for longer)
6. Mash the cooked apple (I removed the peel at this stage for M, however this is optional) and add in with the oats.
Mix it through, let it cool and serve…
With winter set in, it’s become so important to protect our immunity with access to healthy living and easy recipes – use our DISCOUNT CODE above for 15% off Wellness Warehouse products
This post was created in partnership with The Wellness Warehouse.